- Fix My Printer >>
- Canon Ix6850 Troubleshooting
Canon Ix6850 Troubleshooting [Quick Steps]
If you encounter any problem with your Canon iX6850 printer, you can use the troubleshooting methods to fix the problem on your printer. Sometimes, the Canon printers will not work fordue to connectivity problems, low ink level, lack of paper, and hardware or software issues. Follow the instructions carefully to troubleshoot the problems like hard reset, orange light flashing, printer not printing, printer not connected to Wi-Fi, and printer not responding.
CANON IX6850 HARD RESET:
To reset your Canon printer to its default factory settings, follow the below instructions.
- Turn on your printer.
- Select the Setup option from the menu.
- Use the arrow button to select the Device Settings option and choose the OK button.
- Now, select the Reset Setting from the Device Settings menu.
- Select the OK button.
- Choose the Reset all option from the Reset Setting menu and press the OK button.
- Now, select the Yes option to confirm to resetting the printer settings.
- Select the OK button to finish the hard reset of your Canon iX6850 printer.
CANON IX6850 ORANGE LIGHT FLASHING;
Suppose there is an error on your printers, such as thea printer is out of paper or paper jam,. In that case, an error message will appear automatically, and the alarm light flashes orange on the printer., and Anthe error code will also appear on your computer. The number of light flashes will indicate the types of errors on your printer. Follow the below instructions to fix the errors.
- Two Flashes: Check the paper tray. If there is no paper, then reload the paper into the rear tray or in the paper feed slot or the front tray, and press the Resume/Cancel button on your printer.
- Three Flashes: If your printer’s front tray is closed, make sure to open itthe front tray. If the lamp continues to flash, then there may be a paper jam on your printer. Open the printer’s top cover, and slowly remove the jammed paper from the printer, and then press the Resume/Cancel button on your printer.
- Four Flashes: Open the top cover of your printer and check the ink lamp. If the lamp flashes, then the ink tank is running low. Replace the low ink tank with a new one. If you sStill, have face an issue, then make sure to install the ink tank correctly into the respective slot on the printer.
- Five Flashes: Check whether the printhead is installed correctly or is defective. If you have already installed the printhead, remove the printheadit from the printer and reinstall it. again. If it doesn’t work, then change the damaged printhead on the printer.
- Six Flashes: Check the front tray and reload the paper correctly into the paper feed slot. Press the Resume/Cancel button on your Canon printer.
CANON IX6850 NOT PRINTING:
“Canon printer not printing” is a common problem that may occur because of various reasons, such as connectivity issues, unwanted print jobs, and empty ink cartridges problems. By following the below instructions, you can solve the “printer not printing” problem.
Check the connectivity:
- First, confirm that the power cord ishas plugged into the rear of your printer and an electrical outlet.
- Ensure to power on your printer.
- In case the printer is connected to your computer by USB cable, check whether the cable is connected properly. Or, if there is a problem with the USB cable, then replace the cable.
- If you use a Wi-Fi network, check whether the printer and your computer are on the same network.
- When you connect the printer over athe LAN network, check whether the printer is connected is correctly connected to your network using a LAN cable and is set up correctly.
Delete unwanted print jobs:
- Open the Canon printer software on your computer.
- Select the Display Print Queue button.
- Now, select your printer from the Printer tab and click on the Cancel All Documents option from the menu list.
- When a confirmation message appears on your computer screen, just click on the Yes button to delete the print jobs onfrom your computer.
Replace the empty ink cartridge:
- Make sure to turn on your printer.
- Lift the top cover of the printer.
- Check which ink tank lamp is flashing and remove the empty ink tank from the respective slot.
- Unpack the new ink cartridge from the package and discard the tapes and protective film from the ink cartridge.
- Now, remove the orange protective cap and insert the new ink cartridge into the respective slot.
- After installing the new ink cartridge, Ccheck whether the ink cartridge has been installed correctly and make sure the ink lamp lights up red.
CANON PIXMA IX6850 NOT CONNECT TO WIFI:
Various reasons can stop the Canon printer from connecting to a Wi-Fi network. You can fix the Wi-Fi connection problem by following the below instructions.
Reconnect the printer:
- If you have already turned on your printer, turn it off and disconnect the printer’s power cord.
- Now, disconnect the wireless router for 15 seconds.
- Turn on your router again by connecting the necessary cables.
- After turning on the router, plug the power cord into the back of your printer and anthe electrical outlet.
- Power on your printer.
- Now, connect your printer to the network and perform a test printing to check whether the printer is working correctly.
Uninstall the printer driver:
To uninstall the Canon printer driver onfrom your computer, follow the below steps.
- Select the Start button on the computer’s main screen.
- Now, search for the Control Panel option in the search bar.
- Click on the Control Panel option from the menu and select the Programs option.
- In the next window, select the Programs & Features option.
- Next, choose the printer driver from the list and right-click it.
- Click on the Uninstall option from the menu.
- Now, again click on the Uninstall option in the confirmation dialog box again.
- After uninstalling the printer driver from the computer, you need to reinstall the printer driver for your printer.
CANON PIXMA IX6850 PRINTER NOT RESPONDING:
If the Canon iX6850 printer is not responding, try to fix the issue by following the instructions below.
- Try to restart your computer.
- Now, power off the printer and the wireless router.
- Choose the Devices and Printers option in the Control Panel window to check the port settings.
- Click on your printer deviceand select the Printer tab.
- Choose the Properties option from the menu.
- Now, click on the Ports tab and check all the port settings.
- If it doesn’t work, then try to update the printer driver on your printercomputer.
- Go to the Device Manager option and right-click on your printer.
- Now, select the Advanced tab and click on the New Driver button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to update your printer driver successfully.