Canon IJ scan utility not showing the scanner
About Canon IJ Scan Utility
Canon IJ Scan Utility is an application that allows you to scan documents in an easy way from your computer when the printer is connected to it. You can choose your scan preferences in the Canon IJ Scan Utility, or just click the Auto button to scan using the default settings based on the scan document. Often, Canon printer users come up with an issue where the scanner is not listed in the Canon IJ Scan Utility. So, if you are also facing the same issue, then let’s see the solution for the issue in this article.
Check the scanner connectivity
- Check the connection between your scanner and Mac.
- If they are connected using a USB cable, make sure the cable is firm on both ends.
- For a wireless printer, make sure the wireless router is turned on and working.
- Turn OFF and then turn ON your Scanner.
Check if the scanner is listed
- If you find there is no issue with the connection, then you have to check if the Mac computer is able to see your Canon scanner.
- Open the Image Capture app on your Mac.
- Go to the left panel and click on either Devices or Shared. (Note: Click on the one that has a number other than 0 to its right).
- Now, see if your Canon scanner is shown.
- If your scanner is listed, then your Mac is able to see your scanner. In such cases, if the Canon IJ Scan Utility is not showing your scanner, go to STEP 3 for the solution.
- If your scanner is not listed, go to STEP 4 for the solution.
Scanner is detected by Mac
- Open the Canon IJ Scan Utility on your Mac computer.
- Click the Scanner or Product Name drop-down at the top.
- If your scanner is not selected in the drop-down, click the Settings button at the bottom.
- Click the Tools option and then click the Select button beside the Product Name drop-down menu.
- In the new window, choose your Canon scanner, then make sure the Do Not Use option is not selected.
- Now, click on Scan-from-Operational-Panel Settings at the bottom and see if your scanner is selected.
- Close the window and then perform a test scan.
Scanner is not detected by Mac
- In case your scanner is not detected by your Mac, then you need to install the printer driver and add the printer again to the Mac.
- Make sure to download the printer driver only from the official Canon site.
- Also, choose your Mac version correctly.
- After installing the printer driver, check whether the Canon IJ Scan Utility shows your scanner.