Brother Printer Won’t Print [Fixed]
Is your Brother printer not printing any documents? Probably, there might be issues with the USB or Wi-Fi connection. There are several other factors that might be causing issues with your printer. If you fail to resolve them, your Brother printer won’t print any documents. Continue reading the instructions given on this page to solve the problem due to which your Brother printer is not printing.
Solution 1: Basic troubleshooting To Fix Brother Printer Won’t Print
- First, check if your printer has been turned on.
- If your printer is turned off, check the power cord that is connected to the rear port and restart your printer.
- Next, check for any error messages on the LCD panel.
- If your printer shows an error code or message, identify what it says and execute the correct troubleshooting steps.
- Check if your printer is loaded with paper.
- Ensure that you have loaded the printer-supported media into the paper input tray.
- Check if the connection between your printer and computer is stable.
- Try to connect the USB cable to a different USB port on your computer.
- If necessary, change the USB cable.
- In case you have connected your printer and computer over a wireless network, check the Wi-Fi status.
- If you have issues with the network connection, then your Brother printer won’t print any documents until you resolve them.
- You can use the Brother Network Connection Repair Tool to detect and fix the network connection issues automatically.
Solution 2: Troubleshooting the printer issues from your computer
- On your Windows computer, open Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Select your printer from the displayed list and check its status.
- If your printer status is offline, right-click the printer icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Cancel the pending print jobs, if any.
- Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option from the drop-down list.
- This should bring your printer back online.
- If there is no green checkmark on your printer’s icon, give a right-click on it and then select the Set as default printer option.
- Next, restart your printer and retry printing your document.
- If the problem persists, open the printer properties window.
- Verify the print settings and click OK.
- Ensure that your printer’s name is selected in the Print dialog box and click Print. If this option is not selected in the Print dialog box, then your Brother printer won’t print your documents.
- If the problem remains unsolved, reinstall the printer driver.