Fix Brother MFC L8850CDW Not Printing Problem
Every printer comes with some standard errors. These errors on the Brother MFC L8850CDW printer are usually displayed on the printer’s control panel. At times, you might be stuck with the Brother MFC L8850CDW Not Printing. Here we have given the solutions to fix the issue and resume printing.
- Make sure that the Brother MFC L8850CDW printer is correctly connected to the electrical outlet.
- Check the toner level and make sure it is not empty.
- Reload the paper in the paper tray, adjust the edges, and try to print again.
- If the issue persists, then carry on with the following steps to resolve the issue.
Method 1: Delete Unnecessary Printing Jobs
- On your computer, click on the Brother Status Monitor icon on the taskbar and select the Display Send Queue option.
- Choose the print jobs you want to delete, click Cancel, and confirm your selection.
- Launch System Preferences and select the Printers and Scanners option.
- Select your printer’s model name and click Open Print Queue.
- Choose the print jobs you want to delete and click Delete.
Method 2: Set As Default Printer
- Check connectivity between your computer and the Brother printer.
- On your computer (Windows), enter ‘device’ in the search box.
- Select the Device and Printer option and right-click on your Brother printer.
- Choose to select the Set as Default Printer option from the list.
- Run a test print and check whether the problem has been resolved.
Method 3: Verify Connection Between Printer & Computer
- Restart your Brother printer and computer. See if both the devices are connected.
- If the printer and computer are connected using a USB cable, firmly connect the cable at the edges.
- For a wireless connection, see if you have connected the printer and computer to the same network. Ensure your wireless network is stable.
- You can print a test page to check if the printer is able to print.
- Before that, make sure the printer has enough paper in the tray.
- Press the Toner icon on the printer LCD.
- Select the option Test Print followed by OK.
- If the printer is able to print the test page, try to print from your computer.
- If the Brother MFC L8850CDW is still not printing, the issue might be with the printer software installed on your computer.
- Proceed to the next method.
Method 4: Reinstall Printer Driver
- Uninstall the previously installed printer driver on your system.
- Restart the computer and disconnect the printer from your computer.
- Go to Brother’s official page and click on the Support and Download tab.
- Enter the printer’s model name/number.
- Choose the driver you want to download, select OS if prompted, and click on the Download button.
- Extract the file and run it. Follow the prompted instructions to complete the installation.
- Now try to print from the Printer. If the Brother MFC L8850CDW Not Printing problem continues then contact our technical team.