BROTHER MFC L2705DW WON’T PRINT
Brother MFC-L2705DW is a monochrome laser multifunction printer (MFP) that offers speed and paper handling for small office environments. The printer can perform all the basic tasks like: print, scan, copy, and fax. Brother MFC-L2705DW supports both wired and wireless connectivity options. It also offers support for mobile users, which comes in handy when you want to print from your phone or tablet. One of the most repetitive issues that most users face these days is the printer not printing issue. The root cause could be due to miscommunication between the printer and a network device. In this article, we have provided some of the troubleshooting methods that will help you in getting rid of the Brother MFC-L2705DW won’t print problem.
CHECK THE OVERALL CONNECTIONS:
Looking at the overall printer’s connections is one of the best troubleshooting steps.
- A damaged cable can lead to the not printing issue.
Note: Brother recommends USB cables that have twisted-pair wiring and are not more than 6 feet long.
- If you are on a Wi-Fi connection, ensure that your printer is connected to the home network.
- Ensure that your PC’s firewall setting is not blocking the network connection.
- Brother also recommends checking the printer’s LCD screen for any possible error messages.
- Look at the error message or code and react as soon as possible.
- Once you have checked all the printer connections, run a print test.
RESET THE PRINTER:
- First, turn off your Brother printer.
- Disconnect the machine from the power outlet.
- Leave the printer as it is for about one to two minutes.
- Again, connect the power cord and turn on the printer.
LOOK FOR EMPTY CARTRIDGES:
- Open the front cover of your printer.
- See if your printer’s toner cartridge is appropriately fitted.
- If possible, shake the toner cartridge well before installing it again.
- Close the front cover.
LOOK FOR ANY PAPER JAMS:
There is a possibility that paper jams cause the not printing issue.
- Gently open the paper compartment.
- Look for any paper jams.
- Use your hand or scissors to remove the paper clips.
- Close the paper compartment and run a print test.
Follow the below points when inserting the paper.
- The loaded paper should not be folded or wrinkled.
- The paper needs to be flattened.
- Ensure that the paper is not damp.
- Ensure that the document is not too thick or thin.
RE-ADD THE PRINTER:
- Click on the Windows Start icon.
- Go to Devices and Printers.
- You will see the list of printers that are connected to your PC or present within the range.
- Locate your Brother printer name.
- Right-click on your printer icon and click Remove Device.
- Wait for a few minutes and re-add the printer to your computer via a USB cable.
TWEAK THE PRINTER SETTINGS:
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Click View devices and printers.
- Open the Devices and Printers window.
- Select your Brother MFC-L2705DW printer.
- Remember that there should be a tick sign next to Set as default printer.
- Also, deselect the Use Printer Offline option for the proper functioning of the printer.
REINSTALL THE PRINTER DRIVERS:
Remove the printer drivers and their traces from your PC. Once uninstalled successfully, follow the below steps to download and install the printer drivers.
- Open your default web browser.
- Visit the Brother official support page.
- Select the OS Family and OS Version, and then click the OK button.
- Under the Drivers section, select the relevant driver.
- You need to read the End-User License Agreement and then click Agree to the EULA and Download.
- Once downloaded, just follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer drivers on your computer.
FACTORY RESET THE PRINTER:
- If the above troubleshooting methods don’t work out for you, then resetting the printer to its factory settings could be your last resort.
- Remember that this action will remove all the printer settings.
Hopefully, the above steps will help your printer return from the not printing state to a normal state. If the problem still exists, then taking our service could be the best decision.