BROTHER MFC J6920DW PRINTER OFFLINE
Is your Brother MFC-J6920DW printer status isoffline or paused? Then, try the simple and quick troubleshooting instructions below to fix it.
Simple troubleshooting instructions
- As the first of troubleshooting, turn on your printer if it is turned off.
- Restart your Brother printer if necessary.
- Check whether any error message is displayed on your printer’s LCD or not. If yes, clear it and then perform the print operation.
- Reconnect your printer to the Windows or Mac computer.
- Ensure that the USB or interface cable is connected securely.
- Reinstall the Brother MFC-J6920DW printer driver on your computer if necessary.
Now, check your printer status. If the Brother MFC-J6920DW printer status is displayed as offline or paused again, try the advanced methods given below to fix it.
Advanced troubleshooting methods
Method 1: Setting as the default printer
- On your Windows 8 or 7 computer, open the Devices and Printers screen.
- Check whether there is a checkmark on your printer or not. If not, it means your printer is not the default printer.
- To set your printer as the default one, right-click on it and select the Set as a default printer option.
- Now, print a test page and check whether the offline or paused issue is resolved or not. If not, perform the next method.
Method 2: Deleting all the queued print jobs
- In the Devices and Printers window, select and right-click on your Brother printer.
- This time, click on the See what’s printing option.
- Now, go to the Printer tab in the opened window and select the Cancel All Documents option.
- If the above option is grayed out, select the Open As Administrator option from the Printer tab and type your Windows computer’s admin password in the given field.
Now, check your printer status. If the Brother MFC-J6920DW printer status is displayed as offline or paused again, try the next method given below.
Method 3: Disabling the “Use Printer Offline” or “Paused Printing” option
Check if one of these options is enabled on your printer. If yes, disable it and then perform the print operation.
- Right-click on your Brother printer in the Devices and Printers window.
- Click See what’s printing > Printer > Use Printer Offline or Paused Printing. In case the Use Printer Offline or Paused Printing option is grayed out, select Open As Administrator and type your computer’s password in the given field.
Now, print or scan a test page to check whether the offline issue is resolved or not.
Installing the correct printer driver
Check if the CUPS driver of your Brother printer is installed on the computer. To check and install it, follow the below instructions.
- Open the Print & Scan window.
- Select your Brother printer and click on the Print tab.
- Go to the Location section.
- Now, verify the type of driver installed on your Mac computer.
- If you find the AirPrint driver installed on your computer, then click the Plus icon below the Printers section and add your printer driver correctly by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
To get advanced technical support in resolving the Brother MFC-J6920DW printer offline issue, click Call to contact our technical experts.