- Fix My Printer >>
- Brother Mfc j5855dw Printer Setup
Brother Mfc j5855dw Printer Setup – Guidelines
Are you looking for setup instructions for your Brother MFC-J5855DW all-in-one printer? Great! Look no further. We have provided the complete procedure on this web page. Learn how to unpack the printer, install the cartridges, load paper, and connect the printer to your computer. Follow these guidelines to finish brother mfc j5855dw printer setup your printer in just a few minutes.
Unpack The Brother Mfc j5855dw Printer
- Open the product package and remove all of the items.
- Discard all the packaging materials from the printer components.
- Make sure that each item is delivered without any damage.
Load Paper & Adjust The Width Guides
- Extend the paper tray and move the paper-width guides to the extreme ends.
- Fan a stack of paper and insert it into the paper tray.
- Reinsert the paper tray into the printer.
- Finally, pull out the paper support; this will prevent the printed pages from falling out.
Turn On Your Printer And Install Cartridges
- Connect the included power cord to the printer’s rear port and a power outlet.
- Press the ON button to turn on the Brother MFC-J5855DW printer.
- Unpack the ink cartridges and get ready to insert them into the printer.
- Open the cartridge cover and insert the cartridges into the respective holders.
- Close the cartridge cover when finished.
Configure Your Printer For Faxing
If you want to set up faxing now, follow these steps. If not, you can skip this section.
- Connect a phone cord between the LINE port on the printer and a wall jack.
- Press Settings > All Settings> Initial Setup> Local Language on your printer control panel.
- Then, choose your language and press the Home icon.
- Set the receiver mode and station ID to complete the fax setup.
Obtain Compatible Drivers From Brother’s Official Website
A compatible driver is essential for establishing communication between the Brother MFC-J5855DW printer and the computer. You can get the driver from the official website of Brother. These steps detail the exact process.
- Go to Brother’s official support page from your default browser.
- Type Brother MFC-J5855DW in the search box and press the Enter key (on the keyboard).
- When the printer support page appears, click Download.
- Select your Operating System and version on the next screen and click OK.
- You’ll see all the drivers compatible with your Operating System.
- Choose and click the driver that suits you.
- Click the Agree to the EULA and Download button on the next screen.
- The selected driver will now download in the background of your computer.
Install The Software & Establish Communication Between Printer And Computer
- After the drivers are downloaded to your computer, you can proceed with the installation process.
- Locate the software in your Downloads folder and run the setup file.
- If the User Account Control window appears, click on the Yes button to continue.
- When you are asked to choose a connection type, select the type you prefer and connect the Brother MFC-J5855DW printer and computer accordingly.
- Go ahead with the instructions on the screen and then finish the installation.
- From now on, you can use this software to access your printer.
This is how you perform the brother mfc j5855dw printer setup. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our technical experts. You can reach us using the Call button on this page.