BROTHER MFC-J1205W NOT PRINTING
Brother MFC-J1205W is an All-in-One printer that is ideal for families and students. It produces decent-looking photos with accurate colors. The does not have a display, but there are five dedicated buttons with a set of LEDs that indicate the current settings. Also, these LEDs show warning signals in case of printer malfunction. In this article, we’ll be discussing one of the common problems that printer users face these days — Brother MFC-J1205W not printing.
FIX 1 – SOFT RESET THE PRINTER:
- To begin with, turn off your printer and disconnect the power cord.
- Leave the printer as it is for about 60 seconds.
- Connect the power cord and turn on the printer.
- Wait patiently till the printer goes to an idle state.
- Now, check whether the not printing issue is gone.
FIX 2 – CHECK THE INK CARTRIDGES AND PAPER UNITS:
- Take off the ink cartridges from the printer and check whether there are any tapes left unremoved.
- If you find any empty cartridge, replace it with a new one.
- Anyways, if you haven’t changed the cartridge system of your printer for quite a long time, then changing it right could be an idle troubleshooting step.
- Sometimes, the error could be due to a paper jam.
- If that is the case, gently open the paper tray and remove the jammed paper.
- Look for any error or warning lights on the printer’s control panel.
- You can go through the error light and sort it out as soon as possible.
FIX 3 – REMOVE AND RE-ADD THE PRINTER:
Removing and re-adding the printer is one of the best troubleshooting methods, which you can try with your printer.
- Turn on your computer.
- Click on the Windows Start icon.
- Enter Devices and printers in the search bar.
- You will see the list of printers that are connected to your PC or present within the range.
- Locate your Brother printer name.
- Right-click on your printer icon and click Remove Device.
- Wait for a few minutes and re-add the printer to your computer via a USB cable.
This method will eventually solve the printer not printing issue. If not, then do check out the following troubleshooting methods.
FIX 4 – CLEAR THE PRINTER QUEUE:
- Turn on Your PC and right-click on the Windows Start icon.
- Type Control Panel and hit Enter.
- On the Control Panel window, go to the search bar.
- Type printers and press the Enter key.
- Now, click on View devices and printers.
- You will see all the printers that are connected to your PC.
- Right-click on your printer; a pop-up dialog box will open.
- Click on the See what’s printing option.
- You can cross-verify all your previous print jobs.
- Go to the printer menu and click Cancel all documents.
- By now, you’d have successfully cleared the printer queue.
By following the above troubleshooting steps, you can quickly sort out the Brother MFC-J1205W printer not printing problem. If you are still experiencing the issue, then do call us for assistance.