- Fix My Printer >>
- BROTHER MFC-9560CDW SCANNER PROBLEM
BROTHER MFC-9560CDW SCANNER PROBLEM
Are you facing scanner problems with your Brother MFC-9560CDW printer? If yes, continue reading this page to know how to fix it.
As soon as your printer encounters the scanner problem, check whether it is able to print. To check it, print a test page from your Windows or Mac computer to the printer over a wireless or wired network.If the printer prints the document, the problem is with the scanner. Otherwise, check the network connection status. If you find that your printer and the computer are connected, or there is a network connection issue, resolve it and then perform the scan or print operation.Scroll down this page to know how to resolve the Brother MFC-9560CDW scanner problem.
Can print but can’t scan via network
*Note: The following troubleshooting methods are suitable only for the Windows operating system.
Method 1: Checking the scanner driver
If you haven’t installed the correct Brother MFC-9560CDW scanner driver on your computer, there is a chance for you to encounter scanner problems when scanning a document. To check and resolve it, follow the instructions below.
- Open Scanners and Cameras to check whether the correct scanner driver is installed on your computer.
- To do so, launch the Control Panel window on your computer.
- Locate the Devices and Printers section and click the View scanners and cameras command below it.
- Now, the Scanners and Cameras window will open.
- In the opened window, look for the scanner icon or the scanner driver version.
- If the scanner icon is missing in the Scanners and Cameras window or the installed driver version is outdated, then download and install the latest version of the scanner driver on your computer.
- After installing the scanner driver, scan a test page to check whether the scanner problem is resolved. If not, try the next method given below.
Method 2: Setting the correct IP Address
Check if your Brother printer’s IP address is configured correctly on Scanner Driver. To check and configure it correctly, follow the instructions below.
Before you begin, collect your printer’s IP address by printing its Network Configuration Report.
- On the Scanners and Cameras screen, select your Brother printer.
- Click the Properties button.
- Now, go to the Network Sharing tab.
- Select the Specify your machine by address option by clicking the radio button beside it.
In the IP Address field, type your Brother printer’s IP address and click OK.
Method 3: Modifying the firewall settings
If you have activated the firewall settings on your computer, disable them temporarily and then try to scan a document. To do the same, follow the instructions given below.
- Click the Windows or Start menu.
- In the search field, type Windows Firewall.
- From the suggestions list, select the Windows Firewall option.
- In the opened window, locate and click on the Customize Settings option.
- Under the Private network settings and Public network settings sections, select the Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) options by clicking the radio buttons beside them.
- Click the OK button.
Now, check if the Brother MFC-9560CDW scanner problem is resolved by scanning a test page. If not, try the next method.
Method 4: Reinstalling the Brother printer driver
- Remove the existing Brother printer driver from your Windows computer.
- After uninstalling the driver, restart your computer and reinstall the printer driver on your computer.
If the above methods don’t fix the Brother MFC-9560CDW scanner problem, contact us.