- Fix My Printer >>
- Brother Mfc-7440n Scanner Driver Will Not Install
Brother Mfc-7440n Scanner Driver Will Not Install
Is your Brother MFC 7440N printer not scanning the documents? Or is the scanner driver not installing properly? Just refer to the simple guidelines for resolving the Brother MFC 7440N printer scanning problem. You’ll have to check whether the printer is ready to scan the documents or not. This is because if the printer is not turned on, you’ll end up facing scanning problems.
Resolving the Brother MFC7440N scanner driver problem
At first, perform the basic troubleshooting process. Check that the printer is turned on. Verify whether the supplied power cord is securely connected at both ends. If it is not connected properly, disconnect and reconnect the power cord. Load your originals and then check whether your printer is scanning properly.Secondly, you need to ensure that the scan settings are correct. Most importantly, verify that the scanner icon is listed in the Scanners and Cameras section. Here’s how to check.
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu. Type “Control Panel” in the search bar. From the search results, select the Control Panel option. It directs you to the Control Panel window.
- You’ll find the search bar in the Control Panel window. Type Scanner in the search field. Later, select the View Scanners and Printers option under the Devices and Printers section.
Navigate to the Properties window. If you can see the scanner driver listed and edit the scan settings, you need not worry about the driver. The correct scanner driver is downloaded. If you do not find any scanner driver on the list, download the scanner driver from the official Brother website again. Do you wish to download the scanner driver? Look at this section.
- Using the default web browser, go to the official Brother website.
- Enter the printer name in the search bar and then click Search; it directs you to the Downloads page.
- Choose the appropriate OS and then click Download.
- After downloading it, navigate to the Downloads folder on your Windows computer. Double-click the downloaded file and perform the on-screen instructions. When prompted, select the connection method. The available connections methods are Wireless and USB.
When asked, agree to the end-user license agreement. Proceed with the on-screen instructions to install the software. This quick fix will surely resolve the scanner problem.
It’s time to check the IP address of your scanner driver; it might resolve the scanner problem. Here’s how to do it.
- Initially, open the scanner properties dialog box on your Windows computer. Don’t know how to open it? Just go to the Control Panel. Search for the Scanners and Cameras option. Open the Scanner Properties option. Next, click on the Network setting option and enable Specify your machine by address.
- Confirm the IP address and then click OK.
- In case you still face the scanner problem, refer to the next solution.
Verify the firewall settings
- On your Windows computer, navigate to the Windows Firewall section. Check for the Customize settings option.
- Check whether the Windows Firewall option is disabled. If not, disable it without any further delay.
You’re done with fixing the problem. Ensure that you follow the solutions as described in this article.