- Fix My Printer >>
- Brother Mfc 240c Is Not Scanning
Brother Mfc 240c Is Not Scanning
“Are you receiving an error message or facing a problem in scanning a document with your Brother MFC-240C printer?” If that’s the case, continue reading this page to know some workable solutions to fix this problem.
Some common causes of the scan issues are:
- The printer is turned off.
- The scanner driver is not installed properly on your computer.
- The printer and your computer are not connected to the same network.
- There are some misconfigured scan settings, etc.
Fixing the scan issue
Can’t scan via USB (Mac)
If you’re unable to scan or facing a problem in scanning a document and saving it to your Mac computer over a USB connection, perform the easy and simple troubleshooting methods given below.
- Initially, check if your Brother MFC-240C printer is turned on. If not, turn it on and then scan a test document.
- Next, check whether any error message is displayed on your printer screen. If yes, perform the necessary solutions to clear it and then perform the scan operation.
- Install the latest scanner driver on your computer if the existing one is outdated or incompatible.
- Now, unplug and reconnect the USB cable to the printer’s or computer’s USB port if it is not connected securely.
- Check and configure the scan settings correctly.
- To do so, open ControlCenter.
- Select the Other option from the Model drop-down menu.
- Now, the Device Select window will open.
- Select your printer and click Scan Key Setting followed by Add.
- Now, check if the scan issue is fixed. If not, contact us.
Unable to scan using ControlCenter4 or ControlCenter3 (Windows)
- Turn on your Brother MFC-240C printer if it is turned off.
- Check and connect your printer to the computer using the USB cable if it is not connected.
- Temporarily disable the antivirus software that’s currently running, or the firewall settings enabled on your computer.
- Check if the stisvc service is running on your Windows computer.
- To verify it, open the Task Manager window on your computer.
- Go to the Services tab.
- Locate the stisvc service. Now, if Stopped is displayed under the Status section of the located service, right-click on it and choose the Start Service option.
- Now, scan a test document.
- If Brother MFC-240C is not scanning again, restart your computer and the printer.
- Reinstall the printer driver if necessary.
Contact us if the Brother MFC-240C printer is not scanning even after performing the above methods.