- Fix My Printer >>
- BROTHER DCP L2520D NOT PRINTING
BROTHER DCP L2520D NOT PRINTING
A printer may fail to print due to various reasons. When you diagnose the exact cause, you can resolve the issue efficiently. If your Brother DCP L2520D printer is not printing, try out all the troubleshooting techniques mentioned below and fix the problem without much effort.
Check the fundamentals
- Before you go ahead with the advanced troubleshooting techniques, you should check the fundamentals in the first place. Check whether you have loaded enough paper into the paper tray.
- When there is a paper jam inside the printer, your printer will not print the documents you send. So, clear the jammed paper inside the printer and check whether your printer is printing now.
Clear the print queue
- When the print jobs get piled up on your printer’s memory, it may start to malfunction.
- So, you need to clear the print queue. To do so, go to the Devices and Printers section, right-click on your Brother DCP L2520D printer, and choose the See what’s printing option.
- Click the Printer menu and select the Cancel All Documents option. Then, check whether the issue is resolved.
Check the connections
- If you have connected your printer and computer using a USB cable, check whether the connection is firm enough at both ends. Disconnect the cable and reconnect it to your printer, if necessary. If required, replace the cable with a different one and check whether the issue is fixed.
- If you have connected your printer and computer over a network, check whether your Internet connection is stable enough. If there is no stability on your Internet connection, fix it first. You should also check whether you have connected your printer and computer over the same network. If you have connected them to different networks, your printer will not print the documents you send from your computer. If you cannot resolve the issue yet, proceed with the next step.
Power cycle your printer
- A power cycle can fix most of the significant issues. To do that, turn off your printer and disconnect the power cable. Let your printer be undisturbed for a minute.
- Then, plug the power cable into your printer and turn it on.
- Now, check whether you have resolved the issue.
Update your printer driver
- A printer driver establishes communication between your printer and computer.
- If you are using an outdated/corrupted printer driver, it might be the potential cause behind the not printing issue.
- Update your printer driver to the recent version and check whether the issue is resolved.
Set as the default printer
- It is essential to set your printer as the default one. If you don’t do that, your printer will not receive the print jobs you send from your computer.
- Therefore, go to Devices and Printers, right-click on your Brother DCP L2520D printer, and choose the Set as default printer option.
An additional page must no longer print from the 123.hp.com/dj3752 printer.