- Fix My Printer >>
- Brother Dcp-8040 Scan Troubleshooting
Brother Dcp-8040 Scanning Issues [FIXED]
Brother DCP-8040 is an all-in-one printer ideal for home and office requirements. Usually, this printer works well without any issue. But, if you are facing Brother DCP-8040 scanning issues, you have to troubleshoot the problem with the appropriate solutions. This page shows you the best solutions to fix the scanning problem. Continue reading this page to know them in detail.
Clear Fundamentals To Fix DCP-8040 Scan Issue
- If you have connected your printer and computer using a USB cable, check if the connection is firm enough at both ends. If the USB cable is damaged, replace it with a new one and see if your problem is resolved.
- If you have connected your printer and computer to your network using a wired Ethernet connection, ensure that the cable is firm enough at both ends. If you find any damage to the Ethernet cable, try using a different cable.
- If you have locked your printer’s scanner, you will face scanning issues. Release the scanner lock lever and press the Stop or Exit button to fix this.
- If you still cannot rectify the problem, try the following suggestions.
Fix Brother 8040 Scan Problem By Clearing Jammed Documents
Generally, scanning issues occur when there is a document jam in the ADF unit. To fix this issue, you should remove all the jammed paper from the ADF unit. In this section, we have explained the procedure in detail.
- If there is a paper jam at the top of the ADF unit, take out all the loaded sheets, raise the ADF cover, and remove the jammed paper. Once done, close the ADF cover and press Stop/Exit.
- In case the document is jammed inside the ADF, take out the loaded stack from the ADF and raise the scanner unit. Take off all the jammed papers and close the scanner unit. Finally, press Stop/Exit.
Reinstall Or Update Brother DCP8040 Printer Driver
Your computer can communicate with your printer only through the appropriate driver. If the driver is outdated or corrupted, there will be a communication breakdown between your printer and computer. Therefore, if you face scanning issues with your Brother DCP-8040 printer, try the following solutions to reinstall and update the driver.
Reinstall the driver
- If your driver is corrupted, uninstalling and reinstalling the driver can help you fix the scanning issues.
- To uninstall the driver from your computer, go to the Device Manager section and uninstall the driver of your Brother DCP-8040 printer.
- Reinstall the same driver and ensure that your scanning issue is resolved.
Update the driver
- If the driver is outdated, your printer may start to malfunction. This can also lead to scanning issues. To fix this problem, you should update your printer driver to the recent version.
- For your Brother DCP-8040 printer, you can get the updated software from its official website. Visit Brother’s website from your default browser. Enter your printer model and get the software compatible with your Operating System.
- Once you have downloaded the appropriate driver, install it on your computer by following the instructions. Then, check if your scanning issue is resolved.
Power Cycle Your Brother Printer
A power cycle can fix the bugs in the best way possible. To power cycle your Brother DCP-8040 printer, follow these instructions.
- Turn off your printer.
- Disconnect the power cord from your printer’s rear port and the power source.
- Leave your printer undisturbed for a minute.
- Reconnect the power cord to your Brother printer and the power source.
- Turn on your printer and check if the scanning issue is resolved.
We hope these troubleshooting solutions have helped you to fix Brother DCP-8040 scanning issues. For further questions and clarifications, you can always reach our technical experts for assistance.