Add Lexmark Printer To Wireless Network
You can add the Lexmark wireless printer to your home network by using an installation CD. Before you connect to the internet, make sure that you complete the basic setup. Ensure that you connect it to the same wireless network on your computer. Insert the power cable into the rear of the printer and the power adapter of the cable into an electrical socket. Do not connect your USB cable unless instructed. On the disk drive of your PC, insert the installation CD that is accompanied with your Printer and Run the software. Proceed with the steps below to know the procedure to add Lexmark printer to wireless network to network.
Steps To Add Lexmark Wireless Printer To Network In Windows
- Complete the basic setup process of your printer and PC.
- Insert the Lexmark printer driver installation CD into the computer drive.
- Select the Run Setup option when prompted.
- Locate the Wireless Setup tab in the home screen and click on it.
- Select the Assign IP Address Automatically option.
- Proceed to the next screen by selecting the OK button.
- Select the Connect To button on the screen to display the list of available wireless networks.
- Go through the list to select the name of your wireless network.
- Locate the Continue button and click on it.
- Mention your Wi-Fi passkey in the Network Key text field.
- Complete the wireless setup process by clicking the Continue button.
Related Articles For “Lexmark Wireless”
Detailed Procedure To Connect The Lexmark Wireless Printer To Network In Mac
To add Lexmark printer to wireless network on MAC, turn on your computer and router.
- Verify whether the computer is using the wireless network that you wish to connect to your printer.
- Make sure that you do not insert the USB cable unless instructed to do so.
- Download the printer driver from an authorized site by entering the model number of your printer.
- Launch the Driver and Software to Run them.
- Locate the Install button on the screen and click on it.
- The application will instruct you to select the connection type. Make sure that you choose the Wireless Connection option.
- Choose the Guided Setup in the Wireless Configuration dialog box.
- Now connect the USB cable to your computer and printer to add Lexmark printer to wireless network.
- Verify whether an Ethernet cable is connected to your printer and detach them from the device if present.
- Visit the Network Setup Page on your MAC system.
- Copy the MAC address that appears on the screen.
- Launch a search engine of your choice and head to the Bookmarks menu.
- Choose the Show All Bookmarks option from the menu screen.
- Go to the Collections segment and select the Bonjour or Rendezvous option.
- Locate your printer name and double click on it.
- Mention the name of your network, i.e. the SSID in the corresponding text field.
- Now you need to configure the Network Setting Mode. Make sure that you select the Infrastructure option.
- Choose the Security Type to protect your wireless network. Make sure that you choose the one that ensures maximum protection.
- Specify the security details, i.e. the passkey of your Wi-Fi network.
- Click the Submit option to complete the process of add Lexmark printer to wireless network.