- Fix My Printer >>
- 123 HP Setup 6968
123.hp.com/ojpro6968 Printer Installation
An 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 all in one printer that comes with inbuilt scan and fax features and an Automatic Document Feeder, it is compatible over multiple operating systems and works well with minimal general maintenance. It has an input tray capacitance of up to 225 papers and supports diverse types of media. This 123.hp.com/setup 6968 printer also has a touchscreen control panel and can be connected to your computer by means of a USB cable or over a network. When the 123 HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer is out of paper, this model can store the faxes and send fax jobs when attached to a computer. It is of the dimensions 8.8*17.9*21.5 in inches.
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE 123 HP SETUP 6968 PRINTER
Get the latest and updated version of the driver installed on your 123 HP Officejet Pro 6968.
- Go to our website 123.hp.com/setup 6968 and locate the button on Software Download.
- If you were able to download the driver, proceed further.
- You can also use the 123 hp ojpro 6968 Easy Start application to download the driver.
- If the 123 hp setup 6968 download was not successful, check the Internet connection on your computer and try to download again.
- When the installer prompts you, choose the operating system in use on your system.
- Based on the options displayed, download the full feature 123 HP Officejet Pro Setup 6968 driver on your system.
- The corresponding drive will be downloaded.
STEP 2: INSTALLING THE DOWNLOADED HP OFFICEJET PRO 6968 DRIVER
Open the Downloads folder on your system and access the downloaded file.
- In the downloads folder, click on the downloaded file and when the installer prompts you, choose the connection type as Wireless or USB.
- 123.hp.com/setup 6968 the driver and configure it on your printer using the guides displayed on the screen.
- When prompt displays on the installer, click on Add Printer. This will create a print queue on your system.
HP 6978 PRINTING WITH BLACK INK ONLY ON WINDOWS
An Add Window will be opened.
- Click on the name or model number of your printer and then click the Print Using or Use tab. In the window that pops up, choose your printer and click on Add.
- Return to the installer screen to finish the 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer driver installation
123 HP Officejet Pro 6968 Printer USB Setup
123 HP OFFICEJET PRO 6968 PRINTER USB SETUP (WINDOWS)
The information furnished below can be used for all HP printers connected to a Windows system. Set up your 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer using a USB connection on your Windows system.
Step 1: Get the 123 HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer ready for the setup
Check if your printer meets the following requirements and if there were any previous versions of the HP Officejet Pro 6968 driver installed, uninstall it.
- The printer must be ready for the installation and switched on.
- Use a USB cable that is less than 3 meters long.
- Check if the USB port on your printer is functional.
- Unplug USB cables connected to your 123 HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer and wait for the prompt from the installer before reconnecting it.
- Go to the Devices and Printers menu in your system, locate your printer model and right click on it.
- Click on Remove Device. If there are multiple icons displayed, remove all of them.
- Proceed further after closing the Devices and Printers menu.
Step 2: Installing HP Officejet Pro 6968 driver
- Go to our website and locate the icon for software and driver download.
- Based on the printer model, the full feature software or the HP Easy Start may get downloaded.
- Access the downloaded file from the downloads folder of your system. When the installer prompts you, choose USB as the type of connection. If the 123.hp.com/setup 6968 succeeds, you can stop troubleshooting.
- If the download was not successful or if you cannot find your 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer, proceed further.
- Delete the downloaded file from your system and retry downloading the full feature HP Officejet Pro 6968 driver from our website again.
- Run the installer on your system or use the HP Download and Install Assistant.
123 HP OFFICEJET PRO 6968 PRINTER USB SETUP (MAC)
The information furnished below can be used for all HP printers connected to a Mac system. 123.hp.com/setup 6968 your HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer over a Mac system using a USB connection. Download the full feature printer driver from our site.
Step 1: Get the printer ready for the setup
- Your 123 HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer must be ready for setup and must be switched on.
- Use a USB cable that is less than 3 meters long.
- Make sure your printer has a functional USB port.
Unplug any USB cable that has been connected to your printer and reconnect it when the installer prompts you to do so.
Step 2: Run and install the downloaded HP Officejet Pro 6968 driver
Get the most suited driver for your 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer from us. Based on the model number of your printer and the operating system you use, the best available printer driver gets downloaded.
- If the HP Easy Start software gets downloaded, click on the downloaded file in your system, follow the guides displayed on the screen and 123.hp.com/setup 6968 the software on your system.
- Sometimes, a tab may be displayed- Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update.
- Click on Learn More and get the steps on installing the software.
- When the installer prompts you to choose a connection type, click on USB.
- If your printer has the option to scan, make sure HP Easy Scan or HP Scan is enabled.
- Create a print queue on your Mac system by clicking on Add Printer.
- Then, click on your printer’s name and click on Print Using or Use. In the pop-up menu that displays, click on Add to add your printer.
- Revert to the HP Installer screen to finish the installation.
- Proceed to print or scan, based on the functionality of your 123 HP Ojpro6968 printer.
123 HP Officejet Pro 6968 Wireless and WPS 123.hp.com/setup 6968
- goto 123.hp.com/setup 6968
- Collect network name and password
- Find your wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password
- To connect wireless network, touch wireless icon on HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer control panel
- click setup icon in 123.hp.com/setup 6968 printer
- click wireless settings
- click wireless setup wizard
- Select name of your network, and click ok
- If no network, click new network name and enter your network name
- Enter WEP or WPA key, click Done
- Your 123 HP OJPro 6968 printer connection has successed, touch OK to return home.
FIND THE WPA, WPA2, WEP PASSWORD OF YOUR WIRELESS NETWORK- (WINDOWS)
The information furnished below is for all HP Officejet Pro 6968 printers connected to a Windows system. To start printing wirelessly on your printer, you will need the network information- name and password of the network. The password is sometimes called the WEP or the WPA or the WPA2 passkey. This password can be gotten from your Internet Service Provider and you can change it as desired.
Step 1: Obtaining the password from the computer
Check for the password of the HP Officejet Pro 6968 Wireless Setup network using a system that has been connected to the network. Access the 123.hp.com/setup 6968 network properties window to get the network information.
- Open Windows and access View Network Connections. The network connections window will be opened.
- Right click on the name of your network and check the status. The status window will be displayed.
- Open Wireless Properties, open the Security and click Show Characters. This will display the password of your wireless network.
If the option to Show Characters is not available, it cannot be selected. Proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Check the password on the wireless router
Certain routers provided by the Internet Service Provider come with a label on the bottom or the rear of the 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer. This label contains an initial password for the wireless network. This password may also be labeled as the WPA/ WPA2 Password, WEP password, WPA key security passphrase.
If you have already changed the password or cannot locate the password on the router, proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Locate the password using the manuals of your Internet Service Provider
Check the documents or manuals supplied by your Internet Service Provider. Avail the name and password of your wireless network. Contact the service provider for assistance.
Note: If you were able to locate the 123.hp.com/setup 6968 password but it was not functional, there is a chance that the password may have been changed. Check for and recover that password from the configuration page of the router.
Figure: Check the status of the network connection
HP OFFICEJET PRO 6968 PRINTER – FIND OUT THE WIRELESS WEP, WPA, WPA2 PASSWORD (MACINTOSH)
Wireless 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printers provoke prints to multiple devices without the necessity of cables. To generate prints wirelessly, you require the wireless network password to configure your HP printer to your wireless network. The password can be referred as the Wi-Fi security key, WEP key, or WPA or WPA2 passphrase. Usually, the wireless password is provided by your ISP, and you might have assigned a different password earlier.
Be aware that the wireless password is different from the 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer claim code. The Printer claim code is required to sign up your printer with HP Connected and know how to get a claim code for hp printer. When you forget your wireless password or if you misplaced the password for your HP Officejet Pro 6968 Wireless Setup network, you can simply find it on your PC, on your router, or on paperwork offered by your Internet service provider (ISP).
Step 1: Find the wireless password from a PC or laptop that is connected to the wireless network
Through the steps given below, you can find the password for your HP Officejet Pro 6968 Wireless Setup password from a computer or laptop that is connected to the wireless network. To view the network password on your Macintosh system, you will need to open the Keychain Access application.
- In the Finder menu bar, click the option Go, and then select Utilities.
- Open the Keychain Access application on your Mac.
- In the Key chains list that is available on the screen, you will need to select to click Local Items.
- Then, select the option Passwords in the Category list.
- Double-click on your wireless network name, and then enable the Show password checkbox.
- Enter the administrator password when prompted, and then click OK.
If the Show Password check box is unreachable or you do not have the administrator password, you can try the next step.
Step 2: Look for the password on the router’s label
Most of your routers from an ISP have a label on the rear end or bottom that displays the HP Officejet Pro 6968 Wireless Setup an initial wireless network password. The wireless network password can also be labeled as wireless key, WPA key, security password, wireless password, WPA password, WPA2 password, or WEP password on your router.
If you are unable to view the password from the router’s label or your password has altered, you can try the next step.
Step 3: Find the wireless password on the Internet service paperwork (ISP)
Refer to the documentation that is provided by Internet Service Paperwork (ISP). Most probably, the welcome letter that comes along with your ISP contains the network name and password. For detailed support and assistance, you can contact your Internet Service Provider.
If the wireless password is not found even after executing all the above steps or you found the password provided by your ISP but it does not work, someone might have changed the password of your HP Officejet Pro 6968 Wireless Setup network. Contact the person who might have changed the password or recover the password from your router’s configuration page.
123 HP Officejet Pro 6968 Wired Network Printer Setup
HP OFFICEJET PRO 6968 PRINTER – WIRED NETWORK PRINTER SETUP (WINDOWS)
Wired printers allow the printer and computer to communicate at high speeds. 123.hp.com/ojpro6968, being a wired printer, can easily produce documents and photos. You will need to install the print driver and software before you establish a wired connection to your Officejet pro 6968 printer. Follow these steps presented in the same order to install your 123.hp.com/setup 6968 Printer over a wired network.
Step 1: Collect the items required for wired network connection
Obtain an Ethernet cable and a router that works perfectly before installing the HP Officejet Pro 6968 driver on your Windows PC.
- You require a functioning network router, switch, hub with available Ethernet ports and the PC or laptop must be connected to the router, switch, or hub.
- Make sure you use an Ethernet cable to connect your 123.hp.com/setup 6968 printer and not a telephone cable. Compare the Ethernet cable and telephone cable to know the difference between them.
- The connector is wide and contains 8 wires in the Ethernet cable that is used to connect your printer.
- The connector is narrow and it has 2 to 6 wires in the Telephone cable.
Step 2: Change the connection from USB to Ethernet
You have installed the software for a USB connection earlier and now you need to shift to an Ethernet connection. You can use these steps to remove the USB installation.
- Search for Devices and Printers in the search bar and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window that opens, right click on your 123 HP Officejet Pro 6968 icon.
- Then, select Delete or Remove Device to remove it.
Step 3: The HP Officejet Pro 6968 Printer connects to the network
Read and perform these steps to connect your 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer to the wired network.
- When you plug the Ethernet cable into the printer’s rear end, make sure to remove protective covers if any.
- Plug one end of the Ethernet cable to the printer’s port while the other end of the cable is connected to an existing port on the network router, switch, or hub.
- Stay up for the network to recognize your Officejet Pro printer and assigns an IP address for your printer.
- On the printer control panel, press and hold OK.
- Print a configuration report to detect the printer’s IP address.
- Place a plain paper into the input tray.
- On the HP Officejet pro 6968 printer control panel, press the Setup button.
- Press the Right Arrow button to choose Reports, and then select OK.
- Press the Right Arrow button to choose Config report, and then select OK.
- Make note of the printer’s IP address on the configuration report for further reference.
Step 4: Download and install the software on your Windows computer
- Make sure the HP Officejet pro 6968 printer is powered on.
- Remove the USB cable from the printer, if it is connected with a computer or any other device.
- Go to our website and enter the HP Printer name 123 hp Setup Officejet 6968 and model in the product field.
- Go along with the prompts on the windows screen to get into the downloads page.
- Click Download under the 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer driver or software. Open the downloaded folder and then install it on your Windows computer.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 6968 PRINTER – WIRED NETWORK PRINTER SETUP (MAC)
Apparently, your wired printer does everything you want. All you have to do is simply install the HP print driver and software on your Mac to set up your Officejet Pro 6968 printer on a wired (Ethernet) network connection.
Step 1: Prepare your HP printer for driver installation and network connection
Gather an Ethernet cable and a router that operates properly before installing the HP Officejet Pro 6968 driver on your Macintosh PC.
- Make certain you have a functioning network router, switch, hub with available Ethernet ports and the Mac PC must be connected to the router, switch, or hub.
- Make sure you use an Ethernet cable to connect your 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer and not a telephone cable. Compare the Ethernet cable and telephone cable to know the difference between them.
- In the Ethernet cable, the connector is wide and contains 8 wires.
- In the standard Telephone cable, the connector is narrow and it has 2 to 6 wires.
Step 2: The printer connects to the wired network
The wired (Ethernet) cable is connected to the printer and to the router, switch, or hub so that the printer can be detected at the time of installation.
- Power on the 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 Printer
- While plugging the Ethernet cable to the Officejet Pro 6968 printer’s rear end, make sure to take out the protective covers if any.
- Plug one end of the Ethernet cable to the printer port while the other end of the cable is connected to an available port on the network router, switch, or hub. The Ethernet cable is connected to the printer and to the router, switch, or hub.
Step 3: Install the printer software on your Mac
After setting up your 123.hp.com/setup 6968 printer on a wired network, browse to our website on your Mac to install the HP print driver.
- Open one of your web browsers, install the full feature driver for your Officejet pro printer by typing the printer model in the product field under the driver download section. Based on the printer model you use, the software and driver download can also be done by using the HP Easy Start app.
- Go to our website, locate HP Officejet Pro 6968 in the product field.
- Under Driver-Product Installation Software, you will need to click the Download option next to HP Easy Start or next to the full feature HP Officejet Pro 6968 driver. The downloading process takes place as per the prompts that display on the Mac screen.
- Open the HP Easy Start file or the HP .dmg file that you have downloaded to initiate the 123.hp.com/setup 6968 installation process.
- If the installer prompts, click Add Printer to provoke a print queue on your Mac PC. The Add dialog box opens in a new window.
- Choose your printer name in the Add window, click the Use or Print Using menu, select your printer name in the pop-up menu that appears, and then click Add.
- After choosing your 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer name in the Use menu on the Add screen, go back to the HP installer to terminate the installation process.