- Fix My Printer >>
- 123 HP Setup 5260
Exclusive Solutions for 123.hp.com/oj5260 Printer Setup
123 HP Officejet 5260 Unboxing Printer Setup
- Unpack the printer and take out the accessories sent with it.
- Turn the printer box to one side and pull the printer’s plastic bag out of it.
- Set the box aside and discard the Styrofoam caps at both the ends.
- Open the scanner lid and remove the protective materials within.
- Remove the twist tie on the power cord.
- Plug one end of the cord into the printer’s rear and the other end into an electric socket.
- Touch the Power button and hold on for the printer to initialize.
- Choose your language and country.
- Set the Date and Time. Hit Done.
- Access the carriage and unwrap the tri-color cartridge from the package.
- Remove the protective tape from the contacts and the nozzles.
- Lift the tricolor lid.Place the cartridge in the left slot and close it.
- Touch OK on the control panel.
- Pull open the paper input tray, adjust the width guides, and push the tray back into the printer.
- Tap Yes -> Done.The printer prints an alignment page.
- Lift the scanner lid and keep the alignment page with the print side down.
- Select OK -> OK -> Finish.
- Touch Wireless -> Settings -> Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Choose your wireless network from the list displayed and enter the password.
- Confirm your settings by touching Done -> OK.
- Install the required driver as explained in the next section and proceed to print.
HP Officejet 5260 Driver Download
The HP Officejet 5260 printer All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Driver consists of the basic driver files and utilities. Tap the Download button below and save it on your computer. The installer accompanying the driver file helps you with the installation process.
HP Officejet 5260 Manual Download
The comprehensive guide can be used for reference while setting up the printer and installing its drivers. The manual covers everything right from the basic functions to troubleshooting any issues that might arise on the printer. Click directly at the link, and the page redirects to the corresponding page.
HP Officejet 5260 Printer Driver Download
- Visit the official site and type HP Officejet 5260 in the search bar.
- Confirm that the detected Operating System is correct.
- The screen displays all the drivers pertaining to the printer model.
- For a Full Feature Software and Driver, click the Download button.
- Download Basic Drivers, Driver-Universal Fax Driver, Firmware, or Utility-Diagnostic Tool based on your requirement.
- Save the file to your desktop.
HP Officejet 5260 Driver Install
- Make sure your computer and printer are not connected with a USB cable.
- If previously connected, disconnect the cable.
- Connect your computer to a wireless network.
- Locate the downloaded driver file and double-click it.
- On the User Account Control window, click Yes to allow the app to make changes to your device.
- Mark the checkbox to accept the license’s terms and conditions. Hit Continue.
- Click your printer > Continue.
- The installer connects your printer to the same wireless network as your computer.
- Go through the on-screen instructions and respond to them.
- The software selection screen appears on the screen.
- On the Connection Options screen, select Automatic and then select printer.
- Hit Finish to complete the installation process. Begin printing with your HP printer.
HP Officejet 5260 Wireless Setup
- Learn the network name and password.
- Build a wireless connection between the computer and the local Wi-Fi network.
- Place the printer near the computer.
- Detach any cables attached to the printer.
- Switch on the printer with the Power button.
- Touch the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Tap Settings > Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to connect the printer to the wireless network.
How to Connect HP Officejet 5260 to MAC
- Turn on the printer, router, and the computer.
- Connect the computer to the local wireless network.
- Tap the Setup button on the printer’s control panel.
- With the right arrow button, select Network Settings > Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Download and install the printer driver for Mac on your setup.
- Do as directed by the installer’s prompts.
- The printer is automatically connected to the network.
- Or tap System Preferences on your Mac computer’s Menu.
- Click Print & Fax > Printers > + > Your printer > Add.
Figure: How to Connect HP Officejet 5260 to MAC
HP Officejet 5260 USB Setup
- On your Windows computer, search Change device installation settings.
- Select Yes > Save Changes on the upcoming window.
- Turn on the printer.
- Tuck one end of the USB cable into the rear port of the printer.
- Connect the other end of the cable into the power socket.
- On the Found new hardware window, continue with the directions displayed.
- Or open Control Panel on your Windows computer.
- Click Devices and Printers > Add a printer.
- A window with the Choose a device or printer to add to this PC opens.
- Hit Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If the printer is not enlisted, select The printer I wasn’t listed > Add a local printer.
- Choose the printer port and click Next.
- Select Windows Update > HP > Your printer name > Next.
- The driver is installed following which the USB cable has to be disconnected and then reconnected.
HP Officejet 5260 Printer Functions
How to Print On HP Officejet 5260
- Turn on the printer and the computer.
- Open the paper tray and extend it out.
- Load the paper facing downward push it inwards.
- Tuck the tray inside and open the tray extender.
- On the printer software in your computer, select Print.
- Select your printer.
- Go to Properties > Printing Shortcuts.
- Configure the appropriate settings.
- Exit the Properties dialog box and click Print.
How to Copy on HP Officejet 5260
- Place the document on the scanner glass such that it faces down.
- Feed into the document feeder with the print side up.
- On the Home screen of the printer’s display, touch Copy.
- Input the desired number of copies.
- Pick the number in the spinner.
- Or enter the specific number with the keypad.
- Head to Settings to configure the paper size, paper type, quality, or other settings.
- Return to the copy menu with the Back button.
- Tap Start Black or Start Color to start copying.
HP Officejet 5620 Scan Setup
- Make sure the HP recommended printer software is installed on your computer.
- Connect the computer to the printer via cable or wireless network.
- On the printer software, go to Scan -> Manage Scan to Computer > Enable.
- Keep the original into the document feeder such that the to-be scan side faces up.
- Or place it facing down on the scanner glass.
- Under Print, Scan, & Fax, click Scan -> Scan a Document or Photo.
- Select the type of scan required and click Scan.
HP Officejet 5260 Fax Setup
- Load the document to be faxed in the scanner glass or the document feeder.
- On the printer’s control panel, tap Fax.
- Hit Send Now.
- Touch Enter Fax Number.
- Type the fax number on the screen keypad.
- Touch Black or Color.
HP Officejet 5260 Troubleshooting
HP officejet 5260 printers encounter paper jam and paper-feed issues. Print, scan, copy, and fax issues can be easily fixed. Below are given some of the commonly occurring problems and their fixes.
HP Officejet 5260 Paper Jams And Paper-Feed Issues
- Access the cartridge access door and remove the paper path cover.
- Lift the duplexer up and remove the stuck paper.
- Place the paper path cover back in its place.
- Pull down the cartridge access door and touch OK on the control panel to continue the current job.
- Check if the paper-width guides are set against the tray markings.
- Uncurl the paper if it is crumpled.
- Do not overload the paper tray.
- Use only compatible paper to print on.
Fix HP Officejet 5260 Wireless Connection Issues
- Tap Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Select Setup > Restore Network Defaults/ Restore Network Settings > Yes.
- Click Yes to confirm the selection.
- Once the default network settings are restored, exit the screen with the back arrow.
- Touch Wireless Settings > Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Pick your local wireless network.
- If the wireless network name is not displayed, touch Enter New Network Name.
- Key in the name of your wireless network.
- Input the WEP or WPA key and then touch Done.
- The Wireless lamp on the printer turns solid once the wireless connection is established.
- Print a Wireless Network Test Report.
- Access Wireless > Setup > Print Reports > Wireless Test Report.
- Continue with the suggestions provided to fix the issue.
HP Officejet 5260 Printing Issues
- If any error messages are displayed, solve them with the on-screen instructions.
- Detach and then reconnect the USB cable between the printer and the computer.
- If the connection is wireless, see that the signal strength is good.
- On your Windows computer, head to Start > Windows System > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > View Devices and Printers.
- Double-click the printer icon and select See what’s printing. This opens the print queue.
- See to that there are no checkmarks against Pause Printing or Use Printer Offline option.
- Confirm that your HP Officejet 5260 printer is set as the default printer on your computer.
- Or right-click the printer and select Set as Default Printer.
- Find Windows Administrative Tools within the Start menu and then pick Services.
- Right-click Print Spooler and select Properties > General > Startup type > Automatic.
- Or click Start under Service Status.
- Reboot the computer.
- Double-click the printer icon to view the print queue.
- On the Printer menu, click Cancel all documents > Purge Print Document > Yes.
- Once the print queue is cleared, try printing again.
HP Officejet 5260 Scanning Issues
- Switch off the printer and see that the connection with the power socket is direct.
- Do not use surge protectors and power strips.
- Exit the running programs on your computer and shut down the computer.
- Power on both the computer and the printer.
- Go to HP Solution Center on your Windows computer.
- Head to Settings > Scan Settings > Scan to…Setup.
- Choose an available scan shortcut and click Add.
- Hit Update the device to add the scan options to the printer control panel.
- Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and resolve printer scan issues.
- Feed a paper on the scanner glass and click Test Scan to confirm the scanner is working.
- Within HP Print and Scan Doctor, click Network > Troubleshoot Firewalls.
- Pick any Firewall software that is enabled and then disable it.
- Reinstall the HP printer driver and software.
- Access C:\Program Files (x86) \HP digital imaging\bin and then hit Enter.
- Double-click hpqste08.exe and scan from the control panel now.
HP Officejet 5260 Reset
Restore the printer settings to its factory defaults.
- On the printer’s Home screen, select Setup.
- Touch Tools > Restore Factory Defaults.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Tap Wireless > Settings.
- Select Restore Network Settings and proceed with the displayed instructions.
- Print the network configuration page and check if the network settings have been reset.